Post Graduate (MCA) admissions for the year 2023-2024
Admissions to VJTI, Mumbai are strictly based on merit only through on-line centralized admission process as per the guidelines of Government of Maharashtra and are conducted by Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra. Please refer to this link for further details.
- There is no Institute / Management quota in any of the program in VJTI Mumbai.
- NRI/FN/PIO/OCI and CIWGC seats are not available in MCA Program.
Eligibility and Admission Process
Please refer to MCA CET Cell Page for further details.
Answer to frequently asked questions by student:
- MCA degree admission is solely conducted and managed by MAH CET cell. CET
cell declares the schedule for document verification and CAP rounds. We at VJTI
do not have any prior information about the schedule unless it is declared by CET
cell. This schedule is available at CET Cell website and in student’s login as well.
- Students have to give MAH-MCA CET conducted by MAH CET cell, in order to get
admission at VJTI. Since our seats are filled based on CET merit score, no
admission is possible if you have not appeared for CET.
- Please visit any of the two website for the updates regarding the next process of
admission on regular basis. NO SCHEDULE DISPLAYED MEANS THE
PROCESS IS YET TO START AND WILL START SOON.
- First, students have to register online for filling the application form, and uploading
the required original documents for admission from student login. The student has
to visit any MCA facilitation center (FC) to verify the original documents. List of
FC centers will be displayed by MAH CET cell.
- Refer, Last year brochure for information
%20Brochure_%20PG_2022-23%20Final_20220826_BW.pdf). This year’s
information brochure will be displayed by MAH-CET cell soon. There is no
prospectus created by VJTI for MCA admission.
- VJTI has NO MANAGEMENT QUOTA or INSTITUTIONAL
QUOTA. MAH CET cell will allot the students to VJTI based on the merit in CAP
rounds and are filled by CET CELL GoM & Directorate of technical education. We
don’t have the authority to change or alter this allotment.
- Reservation for seats is as per Government of Maharashtra (GoM) norms.
Students seeking admission through reserved category must have valid
documents to apply for category seats.
- Refer R5 Syllabus for VJTI MCA course syllabus
- Whenever the State Govt. declares the fees structure, the same will be
communicated and displayed on institute website but you can take values of last
year for reference. Last year fees structure for the MCA course at VJTI can be
found here. (https://vjti.ac.in/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/210920_2_-Fee-
- There is scholarship section in VJTI, a separate section to deal with all scholarship
related matters, where you can get all information about various scholarships, and
how to apply.
- MCA in VJTI is a two years full time course and students are not allowed to take
part time jobs. The lecturers and labs will be scheduled between 9 AM and 5 PM
(Monday to Friday). 80% attendance is mandatory to appear for exams.
- For students, who are allocated, VJTI through CAP rounds.
a. Receipt of Seat Acceptance from student login.
b. For paying VJTI college fees, check the institute website for updated fee. Carry
the receipt for fee payment.
c. All the original documents produced during FC along with a set of xerox copy of
d. FC acknowledgement.
e. A3 size envelop
- If any seats remain vacant after CAP rounds, then for those vacant seats VJTI will
conduct the admission activity in the following manner –
a. Display of vacant seats on institute website
b. Invite applications from students who has registered and verified the
documents at FC.
c. Prepare and display Merit List on Institute website/Notice Board.
d. Carry out/ Complete Admission Process as per Government norm based on
This document is created with the intension to help prospective students to get
information about the MCA course at VJTI (An autonomous institute of Government of
Fee Structure refer Link – https://vjti.ac.in/fees-and-registration-for-ay-2022-2023/
Admission In-Charges for Post Graduate (MCA) in VJTI, Mumbai for Academic Year 2023-2024
Name of Faculty
1) Prof Archana Pai
2) Prof. Nikhil Khandare
3) Prof. Sonali Ajankar
Postgraduate Program (MCA) offered by Institute for Academic Year 2023-2024
Name of Program
Master of Computer Applications