Ministry of Human Research Development (MHRD),Govt. of India initiated a new program titled Global Initiative of Academic Networks (GIAN) in Higher Education aimed to increase the footfalls of reputed international faculty in Indian education institutes of Higher Education in India, in order to strengthen the country’s existing academic resources, adopt new pedagogic methods in emerging topics of national and international interest, accelerate the pace of quality reform, and elevate India’s scientific and technological capacity to global excellence. Enable interaction of students and faculty with the renounced academic and industry experts from all over the world and also share their experiences and expertise, there is a need for a Scheme of International Summer and Winter Term. During the ‘Retreat’ of IITs with Minister of Human Resource Development Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani on 29th June, 2014 at Goa, it was decided that “A system of Guest Lectures by internationally and nationally renowned experts would be evolved along with a comprehensive Faculty Development Programme not only for new IITs, IIMs, IISERs but also other institutions in the country.
- To increase the footfalls of reputed international faculty in Indian education institutes.
- To provide an opportunity to our faculty to learn and enhance knowledge in cutting edge areas.
- To provide opportunity to our students to seek knowledge and experience from reputed international faculty in the current trends.
- To create avenue for possible collaborative research with the international faculty.
- Opportunity for the students of different Institutes/Universities to interact and learn subjects through collaborative learning process.
- To provide an opportunity for the technical persons from Industry to interact with international domain experts and update their knowledge in relevant areas.
- To develop high quality course material in niche areas, both through video and print that can be used by a larger body of students and faculty.
- To document and develop new pedagogic methods in emerging topics of national and international interest.
- To involve the international domain experts for strenghthning academic activities.
- To enable the interaction of students and faculty with the academic/industry experts from all over the world.
- To augment collaborative research.
- To understand and adopt pedagogical practices used at international level.
Please visit: https://www.gian.iitkgp.ac.in/cgenmenu/guidelines
Dhiren R Patel
Dr. M. M. Chandane