5 MAH EME COY Unit (5 Maharashtra Electronics and Mechanical Engineers Company), National Cadet Corps at VJTI is the youth wing of the Indian Armed forces established in the on 25 June 1965. With the motto of. “Unity and Discipline”, NCC is committed to grooming the youth of the country into disciplined and patriotic citizens. The Cadets are given basic military training in small arms and parades. The NCC aims at developing character, comradeship, discipline, a secular outlook, the spirit of adventure, and ideals of selfless service amongst young citizens. Further, it aims at creating a pool of organized, trained, and motivated youth with leadership qualities from all walks of life, who will serve the Nation regardless of which career they choose.
A plethora of activities are carried out that give the students of VJTI excellent exposure and helps them to enhance their personalities. Camps like Combined Annual Training Camp(CATC), Army Attachment Camp (AAC), Thal Sainik Camp (TSC), Republic Day Camp (RDC), All India Trek, Rock Climbing Camp, Hiking And Trekking Camps, Leadership Camps, etc help the cadets to inculcate essential values of discipline, comradeship, leadership, enthusiasm, and many more. These camps are carried out throughout the year at different levels under the guidance of Commanding Officers.
All in all, NCC, VJTI has been a platform that helps transform the cadets into responsible and aware citizens of the country and provides each cadet with an opportunity to serve their society & Nation.
“UNITY AND DISCIPLINE”
The motto for the NCC was taken in the 12th Central Advisory Committee(CAC) meeting held on 12th October 1980.
Benefits of NCC
- Preference is given to B & C certificate holders in Defence Services, Police services, Paramilitary forces, Fire forces, BSF, Territorial Army, Industrial Security Forces, Public Sectors, and all uniform services.
- One of the benefits of joining NCC includes receiving basic military training. It develops the students’ interest in three forces – Air force, Army, and Navy.
- Sahara India and many other top industries pick up NCC Cadets possessing ‘C’ certificates for various jobs in their companies.
- NCC Cadets have reservation in many Government jobs.
National Army day
International Yoga Day
Kargil Vijay Diwas
Fourth Sunday of November
Armed Forces flag day
Tree Plantation and tree sensing
Blood Donation Camp
Punit Sagar Abhiyan / Swachha Bharat Abhiyan
Preparatory lectures on Republic Day Camp (RDC) and Thal Sainik Camp for the cadet
Preparatory lectures on SSB Interview for the Cadets
|S. N.||Name||Designation||Contact No|
|1||Col. J D Sahastrabudhe||Commanding Officeremail@example.com||022-24186171|
|2||Prof. S A Khedkar||CTOfirstname.lastname@example.org||9075362323|
NCC Cadet Ranks
FAISHAL AHMAD KHAN
SHRON SUHAS BARASKAR
Testimony of Meritorious Cadets
NCC has kindled several brave armed personnel including *** serving as *** in the Indian Armed forces.
To date, Hundreds of students have completed their NCC course by passing the ‘C’ certificate examinations.
Eligibility for enrolment
- Must be Currently Enrolled in B.Tech. 1st or 2nd Year and Diploma first year only
- Male Applicants must have a minimum height of 157.5 cm and Female Applicants must have a minimum height of 152 cm height.
- Vision 6/6.
- Waist size less than 29”.
To apply for the same kindly fill out the form given below: